Each February, Creekside hosts a Valentine Dance for adults affected by disabilities. This year's dance is on Valentine's Day, February 14th, from 6:00-9:00 p.m. Join us for one, two, or three hours as we joyfully present a fun and meaningful evening. Contact Kathy Greer at (510) 430-0607 for more information or to sign up. Here are 14 ways to serve!
1. Help blow up balloons and decorate the auditorium from 10:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. on the 14th. Decorations and helium provided.
2. Give makeovers to some of the women attending the dance. You can do nails or hair at Stepping Stones at 311 MacArthur Blvd in San Leandro at 2:00 p.m. on the 14th.
3. Greet our guests, starting at 5:45 p.m. You'll line up on either side of a red carpet and cheer wildly when our guests arrive via limousine.
4. Blow bubbles as our guests arrive and walk down the red carpet.
5. Arrive at 5:45 p.m. and make name tags for our guests.
6. Dance with our guests from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
7. Take formal or candid pictures of our guests for one hour between 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.
8. Print pictures of our guests and tape them into folders for one hour between 6:00 and 9:00 p.m.
9. Serve dinner to our guest, starting at 5:45 p.m.
10. Help guests who need assistance eating, starting at 5:45 p.m.
11. Prepare and serve fun drinks.
12. Monitor the bathrooms for cleanliness every 15 minutes for one hour.
13. Clean up and set up chairs in the auditorium at 9:00 p.m.
14. Donate size 2x and 3x women's formal dresses and men's dress pants and jackets.